Excel Tool for Geocoding
Geocode information (latitudes and longitudes) is optional when uploading data to Maply for less than 100 addresses. For more than 100, a Maply PRO subscription is required.
This is because geocoding is expensive. Google charges 5 USD for every 1000 geocoding requests.
We know an awesome Excel tool for obtaining latitudes and longitudes, which can be downloaded from excelgeocodingtool.com. You can also . download the tool directly here
With this tool, you can geocode thousands of addresses in no time. Please do note that this tool and its developer are completely independent from Maply. We are not related in any way to the developer of the tool. We recommend it simply because we had great experience with it.
Here are the how-to steps:
- Follow the steps in this page to register a Bing Map key
- Download the Excel tool from here, open it and enable Marco. Is it safe? You might ask. We did it, and everything was OK.
- Fill in the Bing Map key you created at step 1.
- Provide a proxy if necessary. (Optional)
- Go to Geocode tab and put all the addresses you need to geocode in the Location column
- Click Geocode all addresses button to start geocoding. There is a progress bar indicating how far it has gone.
- Copy and paste the latitudes and longitudes information to Maply template for upload.
It took us less than 5 minutes to geocode close to 3000 locations as of June 2019. We hope this works for you too.
If you find steps above not managable, you are of course welcome to subscribe to Maply PRO and to enjoy hassel free location mapping and many other features that are only available under PRO plan.
You may also be interested to know
and we'll get back to you in 24 hours.